Our Current Exhibit
"The Nissen Hut"
The JMC has sourced a rare and original artefact from historical remnants of WW2. The artefact, a “Nissen hut”. The original shelter was used to house the thousands of Jewish captives feeling Europe after WW2. There were a total of 12 camps, which operated from August 1946 to January 1949, and in total held 53,510 people. Over 2,200 Jewish children were born on Cyprus soil during this time.
The restoration and display of this Nissen hut was placed as a sign of gratitude from the Jewish Community of Cyprus to the noble of men and women who have extended their hands in kindness to the Jewish refugees, rescued from the flames of the Holocaust and who stayed at the British DP Camps between 1946 - 1949 at their last stop on their journey to their homeland of Israel.